Tuesday, October 26, 2010

slowly, steadily, surely

"These things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will sure come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" Habakkuk 2:3 (LB)

these days, there are two main things that occupy the space between my ears--love and dreams.  nary a day goes by that i do not fret about either one of these.  i am approximately twenty two years, 9 months, 14 days, and 18 hours old as of this writing, yet i feel as if a better person could have managed to travel farther down the road had she been in my stead.  sometimes i wonder if the blame may be placed on me and my human inadequacies.  perhaps i am not nearly as lovable as the rest of them; the combination of my character, my history, my environment does not make for a desirable lass.  or perhaps i am much more asinine than i think myself to be, and the mistakes that i make as a consequence of such prevent me from landing my rear end on greener pastures or in the arms of Prince Charming or even the hind legs of the Frog Prince, at the very least.  perhaps i am overreaching and think too much of myself and my capabilities, when i really have no proof of my talents, no commendation of any sort.  maybe i am schizophrenic, and what i perceive to be God's plan and mission for me are, in truth, just delusions of grandeur.  and so i walk in unease; i despair.

but this verse gives me hope.  not just hope that i am not a lunatic, but hope that God's promise will come true for each and every one of us, including myself.  hope and faith that everything is exactly where it ought be, and i am, even now amidst the confusion and difficulties, in the place where i am meant to be for the moment.  and i believe that, slowly, steadily, surely, His plans and promises for me will come to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment